Some things that makes us Pinoys special and unique, in one way or another:
- The exotic jeepney is a post-war creation inspired by the GI jeeps that the American soldiers brought to the country in the 1940s. Enterprising Filipinos salvaged the surplus engines and came out with unique vehicles or art.
- The world’s longest underground river system accessible to man can be found at the St. Paul National Park in the province of Palawan.
- The world’s second deepest spot underwater is in the Philippines. The Philippine Deep or Mindanao Trench is about 34.440 feet below sea level.
- The Basilica of San Sebastian is the only steel church in Asia and was the second building to be made out of steel, next to the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
- Of the 500 known coral species in the world, 488 are found in the Philippines.
If you were helped of this post, your “Thank you!” is accepted, but your PayPal donation is better.