Alcatel has the distinction of introducing the polyphonic ring tones to the Philippine shores not so long ago. Alcatel is back 100% introducing its line of Android phones. I was given the opportunity to review the Alcatel OneTouch Blaze 990, and here goes:
- Released on Aug 2011
- Display Type: TFT 262k colour landscape display capacitive touch
- Dimensions: 116mm x 62.2mm x 12.2mm
- Weight: 144g
- OS: Android 2.2 (Froyo)
- Processor: 600MHz
- Network & Data Connectivity: 2G / 3G / GSM / HSDPA / 802.11 b/g WiFi & WiFi Hotspot capability / Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP / microUSB v2.0
- Main Camera: 5MP autofocus with LED flash (2592 pixels x 1944 pixels) & geo-tagging
- Battery: Li-Ion 1300 mAh (up to 550 hours standby; up to 06 hours talk time)
The Alcatel OneTouch 990 has the loudest speakers of all the Android units I had already used. You can actually audibly hear the person you are talking to (at the other end of the line) using the built-in hands-free speaker phone while driving (but please, do not Text and Drive).
The screen of the OneTouch 990 is comparable to those of high-end smart phone units. The unit’s processor is decent enough to handle Android games and animations. Battery life is impressive, as it gave me more than 24 hours of use after a full charge – normal mobile phone use: SMS, Calls, and Tweeting from time to time.
For me, the only drawback of the unit is it’s weight – around 10 grams heavier than the heaviest BlackBerry unit I had used.
Suggested Retail Price of the Alcatel OneTouch 990 is PHP9,990.
Alcatel (Philippines) is asking you: ARE YOU 100% GOOD? Click here to join.
TurfSite Manila’s Rating for this mobile phone: